Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Monitor Effects

MONITOR REFERENCES

I wanted the ships computer interfaces to be very different in style. The Jalopy ship needs to be simple and cheap however its the future. Imagine windows 3.1 but 500 years in the future.

The approach I was considering was this:

  It has futuristic elements such as 3d movements and animation. The important thing is it isn't too distracting because we need to audience to digest the information it gives quickly.



To give the computer and older feel however the shapes and text needs to feel like an old computer.

Something like this screenshot from Fallout 3


Finding a balance between something that feels old but still looks cool and futuristic will be the challenge here.

INERT SPACELINES SHIP

This ships interface is the polar opposite. It's running the new Mac OS. It's incredibly simple and visual. It needs to be clean and fancy.


This image isn't as clean but it has the futuristic look I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.